Clueless vibes you say? Hell yeah! I know we see the check/plaid vibe come around on a yearly basis, but this is a trend I will continue to love, year after year. I also love this staple black jumper from Romwe I adore the lantern sleeves, also as the jumper itself is not too oversized, it is very easy to tuck into a skirt or pair of jeans without looking too bulky. Also guys its a total bargain at only £22!!
Although I do not technically believe in ‘new year’s’ resolutions, as I think it is important to set goals and challenges through the year. However I do think the new year is the perfect new start to really think about what you want to achieve in the coming year. I am a serial goal setter, and I honestly think that I wouldn’t be where I am if I wasn’t.
So what are my goals for the new year;
- Put my health first – I am a such a yoyo dieter, and it really frustrates me that I am like this! A person of extremes, one minute I am extremely regimented and get really upset with myself if I do the smallest thing ‘wrong’ the next I am eating Mcdonalds 3 times a day. So in 2018 I want to establish a healthy and balanced lifestyle, not depriving myself of anything but making sure a am putting goodness into my body on a daily basis & exercising as much as I can, without going over the top.
- Save for our wedding – I am terrible with money and even worse at saving, but in 2018 I fully intend to save hard so we have the wedding of our dreams in 2019. Even if this means a slightly smaller wardrobe (only slightly) and no summer holiday (rubbish but necessary)
- Grow my blog/social following – after nearly a year of blogging again I have absolutely loved it, and worked with some wonderful people and brands along the way. In 2018 I want to redesign the blog and carry on doing what I’m doing now, with the same amount of passion and love.
- Look after my hair – ok so you might not think this is big enough to go on this list, but man my hair has been through some shiz in 2017, bleach, pink dyes etc, it needs a real break. Its dry and very very damaged, so back to brown and lots of hair masks and trims, and as little heat on it as I can manage, so that 2019 is a better hair year for me.
- Spend quality time with my fiance, family & friends – I am absolutely awful at getting very easily distracted, whether its by my phone or something I am thinking about. In 2018 when I am with my loved ones I want to be there with them, every second, not in my head or on my phone, thinking about my to do list. It’s so important to be in the moment as much as possible, and to really feel the joy of every moment.
- Grow professionally – outside of blogging I am a digital project manager, and I absolutely love my job. For me in my job I intend to learn and grow on a daily basis, whether that is with classroom training/courses, or whether that is learning from my highly skilled and experienced colleagues on a daily basis.
And that’s it really babes, take some time to write down your goals, because if nothing else it’s extremely cathartic, and I really do think it sets you on track for a positive year.
Black lantern sleeve jumper – Romwe
Checked mini skirt – Sold out in this colour, different colour – Topshop
Leather boots – Topshop
Bag – APC
First of all my loves lets talk about this absolute beaut of a faux fur coat, I flipping love it! It’s honestly the softest thing I own, it also goes with everything, also babes its only £23, plus Shein have so many different versions if this one is not for you. Then some classic double denim, a style I always love to wear. The light coloured jeans from Topshop are some of my favourites at the minute, and this denim shirt from ASOS I have had for years, but I love it every time I wear it.
Saying no was actually something I used to be a lot worse at, I’d be the one saying yes to everything that was asked of me, even if I really didn’t want to do it, or worse than that it put me out financially!! Although I am a lot better that this, in 2018 I intend to only do what I want to do. Selfish you say? Well of course there is a limit to this, helping out others is of course important, and you should always do what you can to be there for your loved ones. But how many times have you been asked to go on a work outing or party, or to wedding of a family member you barely know, which is miles away and will therefore cost you a fortune?
Sometimes it’s ok to say no and to look after yourself. If you are knackered and just want to sit in front of the TV with a takeaway then do that, you don’t have to go out in your sky high heels and little dress if that’s the last thing you want to do. In 2018 if I don’t want to do something then I won’t and I’ll be honest about it, and if a friend family member does the same when we have something planned, then absolute respect to them. Look after yourselves babes, because it’s important that you do.
Brown faux fur jacket – Shein
Wide leg jeans – Topshop
Denim shirt – ASOS
Belt – Gucci
Bag – APC
Lets do the outfit deats first loves, this faux fur jacket from Shein is so warm and cosy, I love how it is kind of cropped, I usually go for a more oversized style for a faux fur jacket, but I loved how different this is. Plus it is mega affordable as always at only £22, which is insane for a coat. The black jeans are my staple wide leg cut off jeans from Topshop, along with this white ribbed long sleeve top, that is a go to in my wardrobe for layering now the weather is colder.
I think it is so important in life to look back on the year just passed and reminisce about the good times, the amazing moments you had and the great achievements you made, that should be remembered and celebrated. 2017 has actually been an insane year me, and my life has changed a lot, sometimes I find that we look back on the previous year and not much seems to have changed, for me this makes me feel quite uncomfortable, I like to be forever growing and developing, learning and experiencing new things.
There is so much that I can talk about in 2017, but here are some of my highlights and things I will never ever forget;
- January 2017 – starting to blog again, something I had intended to start doing years before but never really got the time, oh so I say 🙂
- March 2017 – Trip to Lucca Italy with my partners family and my now future family. By the way guys, Luca is one of the most beautiful places I have been to, I really would recommend it
- May 2017 – During a trip to Paris my boyfriend (now fiance) asked me to marry him, in a beautiful apartment we were staying in, on the Champs-Elysees, after a 3 course meal from a private chief. This was and will forever be the best night of my life. At 30 I was a little late finding the man of my dreams, but he’s here now and I can’t imagine my life without him.
- May 2017 – I bought my first Gucci (clearly a very important development)
- June 2017 – after 9 years in my previous job I moved to a new job at a new company, and it is one of the best moves I have ever made. I learn and develop my knowledge of digital marketing on a daily basis. Which I believe is such an important thing in any role, you must always be learning and developing, no matter how long you have been in the same job.
- July 2017 – My fiance and I booked our wedding venue, July 27th 2019 here we come!
- August 2017 – my fiance and I went on the holiday of lifetime where we spent 3 and a half weeks travelling across California & Nevada in America. We saw some absolutely amazing things, ate some amazing food, drove and amazing car and had quality time together that we will never ever forget
- December 2017 – I hit 5000 followers on Instagram, this is huge for me and I want to say thank you to everyone, because I flipping love you all!
So here’s to 2018 babes, let’s have the best year ever.
Faux fur coat – Shein
Wide leg jeans – Topshop
Black leather boots – Topshop
Long sleeve white ribbed top – ASOS
White boots for autumn…….hell yes!!!!! These Topshop beauties are genuinely on my wishlist to buy after holiday. Although I’m not sure how happy I will be after they get their first scuff!!
I have these Topshop boots in the red and they are so flipping good. I love the ring detail on the side (anything with a ring detail this autumn and you’ve got me) and the shape of the heel. Never one to disappoint Topshop keep delivering year after year on the boot front.
Ok, there is a risk here that I would look and absolute plonker in there boots, the model looks amazing, but of course her legs are at least half the size of mine and twice as long! But I absolutely love red boots at the minute and this Zara red over the knee pair are just such a cool take on the standard black over the knee boots, we see in the stores when we have to autumn.
White ankle boots – Topshop
Black ring detail ankle boots – Topshop
Red over the knee boots – Zara Red over the knee boots – Zara
Welcome again to the most perfect Topshop jeans of the season. I have this pair in a black and also a washed blue and they are so flipping good!
To this read floral body, if you are anything like me then you will love a body as much as I do, I think with a high-waisted jeans or high-waisted trousers they look so good. You guys know I love a red floral so was instantly drawn to this version.
I’ve written about these black Topshop slingback ankle boots on the blog before and I honestly think everyone should own a pair. The slingback detail just gives that little bit of edge to the classic ankle boot which I love.
Black Wide Leg Jeans – Topshop
Red Floral Body – Sold Out – Similar Topshop
Black Slingback Ankle Boots – Sold Out – Similar Topshop
If you guys have been reading my blog for a while you’ll have seen this little beaut in one of my wish-list posts. I love white broderie anglaise for the summer, and I think this white smock dress from Shein is perfect. What is so great about this dress is it lined from the waist down, so its not see-through at all.
The UK summers are not always the hottest, so I love pairing a summer dress with ankle boots. These boots are from Zara, and are kind of a sock material, which makes them so comfortable, they also have the coolest ring detail at the back. My bag is this little APC beaut, which I absolutely love.
Finally a close-up of this little dress which may I add is only £18 (Shein will forever be my fast fashion number one choice). I have been looking for the perfect pair of tassel earrings for what seems like ages, this red version from Topshop are actually amazing.
White broderie anglaise dress – Shein
Black ankle boots – Zara
Black bag – APC
Red tassel earrings – sold out – similar Topshop
I saw this palm printed dress on Shein in the sale (at only £12.00!!) and I flipping love it. I wore it recently shopping with the girls and the weather was lovely, its the perfect dress to sit out in the sunshine with a couple of drinks.
What’s lovely about this dress is there is actually a slip attached inside, so it is not see-through at all, which as a white dress you really do not need! Its also a great length, not too short & not too long, well mainly not too short, I hate having a constantly pull the back of my dress down incase my booty is sticking out, haha!
I bought the boots I am wearing in the Topshop summer sale (has anyone noticed how good the summer sales have been this year? Certainly my bank account is aware of this!) I love how they have the cut-out section at the back and are almost like slingback ankle boots (which if you described these to me without seeing them, I’d be like ewwww no thanks!). I also love the nod towards the western style.
Palm Print Slip Dress – Shein
Black Ankle Boots – Sold Out – Similar – Topshop