Ok so I know I am mad wearing all white, especially being the most clumsy person in the world (I managed to spill half a can of coke down my sleeve the other day, down my sleeve!!!) but I just love this combo so much & I think it’s so chic for winter. This white jumper from Romwe is so comfy and warm, it’s a really thick knit, which is so perfect for the cold winter we are having in the UK. And these white trousers from All Black Everything, which are honestly the most comfy flattering white trousers ever. I just want to share a secret with you babes, I always size up when it comes to coats. This coat from ASOS is a size 12 and a tall because I love the longer length and long sleeves.
So babes I just wanted to talk to you guys about some items that for my body shape I just wouldn’t wear. That’s not to say that for you they wouldn’t look amazing. Must first items is white skinny jeans, they honestly look so bad on me, I love a pair of thick mom style or wide leg jeans, but skinny jeans in white are a no no for me, I always find that these stye of jeans are always pretty see through too. Short body-con skirts, I have larger legs and calves and for me a short body-co skirt is really not flattering on my legs and makes them look so much bigger.
Smock dresses, now I have dabbled in smock dresses before and sometimes it works, sometimes it really doesn’t. As I am an hourglasses shape it is way more flattering for me to wear something that really nips me in at the waist, instead of hangs over my body. Shoes with ankle straps, again this is something I very occasionally wear, and usually I do regret it when I do it, but as my legs are on the bigger side, and ankle straps are known to shorten the look of your legs.
White knitted jumper – Romwe
White trousers – All Black Everything
Cream maxi coat – ASOS
Black trainers – Vans
Clueless vibes you say? Hell yeah! I know we see the check/plaid vibe come around on a yearly basis, but this is a trend I will continue to love, year after year. I also love this staple black jumper from Romwe I adore the lantern sleeves, also as the jumper itself is not too oversized, it is very easy to tuck into a skirt or pair of jeans without looking too bulky. Also guys its a total bargain at only £22!!
Although I do not technically believe in ‘new year’s’ resolutions, as I think it is important to set goals and challenges through the year. However I do think the new year is the perfect new start to really think about what you want to achieve in the coming year. I am a serial goal setter, and I honestly think that I wouldn’t be where I am if I wasn’t.
So what are my goals for the new year;
- Put my health first – I am a such a yoyo dieter, and it really frustrates me that I am like this! A person of extremes, one minute I am extremely regimented and get really upset with myself if I do the smallest thing ‘wrong’ the next I am eating Mcdonalds 3 times a day. So in 2018 I want to establish a healthy and balanced lifestyle, not depriving myself of anything but making sure a am putting goodness into my body on a daily basis & exercising as much as I can, without going over the top.
- Save for our wedding – I am terrible with money and even worse at saving, but in 2018 I fully intend to save hard so we have the wedding of our dreams in 2019. Even if this means a slightly smaller wardrobe (only slightly) and no summer holiday (rubbish but necessary)
- Grow my blog/social following – after nearly a year of blogging again I have absolutely loved it, and worked with some wonderful people and brands along the way. In 2018 I want to redesign the blog and carry on doing what I’m doing now, with the same amount of passion and love.
- Look after my hair – ok so you might not think this is big enough to go on this list, but man my hair has been through some shiz in 2017, bleach, pink dyes etc, it needs a real break. Its dry and very very damaged, so back to brown and lots of hair masks and trims, and as little heat on it as I can manage, so that 2019 is a better hair year for me.
- Spend quality time with my fiance, family & friends – I am absolutely awful at getting very easily distracted, whether its by my phone or something I am thinking about. In 2018 when I am with my loved ones I want to be there with them, every second, not in my head or on my phone, thinking about my to do list. It’s so important to be in the moment as much as possible, and to really feel the joy of every moment.
- Grow professionally – outside of blogging I am a digital project manager, and I absolutely love my job. For me in my job I intend to learn and grow on a daily basis, whether that is with classroom training/courses, or whether that is learning from my highly skilled and experienced colleagues on a daily basis.
And that’s it really babes, take some time to write down your goals, because if nothing else it’s extremely cathartic, and I really do think it sets you on track for a positive year.
Black lantern sleeve jumper – Romwe
Checked mini skirt – Sold out in this colour, different colour – Topshop
Leather boots – Topshop
Bag – APC
I am so obsessed with anything knitwear from Romwe at the minute & this yellow dreamy jumper is no different. I love the oversized fit and as always a roll neck. I love pairing quite an oversized jumper with wide legged trousers, and these black ones from H&M are my absolute favourites. Then the classic white trainer, is there anymore perfect shoe for a capsule wardrobe? I think not!!
I have a 15 year old sister, and as soon as she was born she changed my life, because of the age difference between us, she has always been more like a surrogate daughter than a little sister. There is not much I wouldn’t do for that girl, to make sure she is happy in life. However there is one thing I can and will do. As a 30 year old I fully understand and embrace popular culture, social media, all of these things that are now so prominent in our lives. 10 years ago they were of course less entwined within our everyday life, but the themes are still same. So this is what I would tell my 20 year old self, my 15 year old sister and anyone else who wants to listen.
- Love yourself for being you – As young adults, man can you guys be hard on yourself! I was exactly the same at your age and with the rise of social media it’s so much harder for you guys to step away from the idealistic view of the world we are served on a daily basis. Imagine the amount of time we could put into our own self love, if only we used the time we take to beat ourselves up,and tell ourselves we are not good enough. There will always be someone prettier, more intelligent, richer, but you are you, kind, passionate, thoughtful, loving and there is only one of you. Spend time with your friends and family and people who bring you joy and make you feel wonderful everyday. And do not criticise the way you look or your body, look after yourself and love your differences as they make you, you. This image you see in the magazines, Instagram is not real, how can you even aspire to something that is fake? Clothes and beauty are fun but thats all they are, family, friends love are everything.
- Work hard – In your 20’s you have the world at your feet and your whole future ahead of you. Take this time to decide what you want to do and work hard to get there. Whether this is in business or an apprenticeship (which I genuinely think are the best things ever, by the way) or a more creative role. At 20 I fell into marketing, although I felt my role at the time wasn’t my calling I worked hard within the industry and am now in a role that I love, and I know is perfect for me.
- Look after yourself – At university, I never ate vegetables, barely ate fruit and very rarely exercised. As your bodies are young they can take this treatment, but you really will feel better if you look after yourself. We all get into ruts where we eat badly for a few weeks, and realise we have put nothing green into our bodies for a while. If you eat well your body will thank you for it and you’ll feel healthier, with more energy and positivity than you can imagine.
I hoped that helped my loves, and remember it takes time to become who you imagined you be, it took me 30 years, but the journey to get there will make you who you are.
Mustard knitted jumper – Romwe
Wide leg black trousers – Sold out – Similar- H&M
Platform white trainers – Adidas Stan Smith
Bag – APC
So the UK is mega cold at the minute, and I am on the hunt for anything that is going to keep me warm & cosy. So I wanted to create a round up of the best winter warmers from my favourite affordable online brand Romwe.
First of all my loves lets take the time to admire this cable knit jumper of dreams, this jumper from Romwe (one of my fav fast fashion retailers). This jumper is so affordable at only £18 and its honestly so warm. I haven’t taken it off since I got it and I and I am so happy with it. Next to the cutest eye let jeans from Pimkie via ASOS, not only are the the cutest jeans ever they were also on £14 in the sale! Bargain! Finally the boots I can’t take off my feet, these Topshop black ankle boots, I love how they come that little higher up your leg than the standard ankle boot.
So with a full time job and also as we move into winter and the light gets lower earlier, how do I have time to take all of my pictures? I post on Instagram 13 times a week, and most no more than 3 pictures of each outfit. Surely I don’t wear that many outfits during the weekend? I do not of course wear that many outfits in one weekend, that would be impossible!! So whats my secret? This is purely down to having a couple of hours at the weekend, a car and a very understanding fiancee!
So the night before fashion shoot day I choose around 6/7 outfits, that I know I want to shoot for the coming weeks. Then the morning of the shoot I wear one of the outfits and add the rest into the boot of the car. We then drive to somewhere that we know has multiple outfit shot opportunities, also where it is slightly quieter. 1, because it can be embarrassing taking photos with lots of people watching, 2, because the car will become my changing room & ain’t nobody get time for being caught with just your bra on, haha! Then it’s as simple as changing your outfits and getting multiple shots of each outfit! Simple! Although this is such an easy thing to do, it really has revolutionised how I blog, as I used to worry about getting in as many outfits in one weekend as I could, which is just too unrealistic, now its all done in one morning! I hope this helps you babes, and good luck with your fashion shoots.
Cable knit jumper – Romwe
Eye-let jeans – Pimkie Via ASOS
Black sock boots – Sold out – Blue Version Topshop
Black bag – APC