Right now I am so obsessed with nudes, whether that is in the form of a t-shirt/jumper or trousers, in fact if you guys follow me on Instagram you’ll see my perfect nude flared trousers from Mango. When I first saw this draped nude top from Romwe I loved it, and knew instantly that I wanted to pair it with a pair of trousers with a similar tone. It is also quite a dressy outfit, so I dressed everything down with pair good old Stan Smith trainers & a fluffy white jacket from Topshop.
So I just wanted to let you know how and where I get my weekly (often daily) dose of fashion inspiration. Of course there is no surprise that my absolute favourite place to find inspo is Instagram. I have go to accounts that I will check usually on a daily basis such as @deborarosa who really is my number one style icon, @pepamack giving me all of the minimalist inspo I need & @wethepeoplestyle who is never predictable in her style and I absolutely adore that.
I travel down to London on the train quite a bit for work, and I love to buy a Vogue magazine (and this is getting really old school now) and a pen and mark all of the bits in the magazine that really make me excited. What I love about this is it can be anything, hair styles, make-up, and when you really feel like you have no idea what to wear it’s great to revisit the magazines.
Nude wrap over blouse – Romwe
Nude wide leg trousers – in the sale – H&M
White trainers – Adidas Stan Smith
White shearling jacket – Topshop
First of all my loves lets talk about this absolute beaut of a faux fur coat, I flipping love it! It’s honestly the softest thing I own, it also goes with everything, also babes its only £23, plus Shein have so many different versions if this one is not for you. Then some classic double denim, a style I always love to wear. The light coloured jeans from Topshop are some of my favourites at the minute, and this denim shirt from ASOS I have had for years, but I love it every time I wear it.
Saying no was actually something I used to be a lot worse at, I’d be the one saying yes to everything that was asked of me, even if I really didn’t want to do it, or worse than that it put me out financially!! Although I am a lot better that this, in 2018 I intend to only do what I want to do. Selfish you say? Well of course there is a limit to this, helping out others is of course important, and you should always do what you can to be there for your loved ones. But how many times have you been asked to go on a work outing or party, or to wedding of a family member you barely know, which is miles away and will therefore cost you a fortune?
Sometimes it’s ok to say no and to look after yourself. If you are knackered and just want to sit in front of the TV with a takeaway then do that, you don’t have to go out in your sky high heels and little dress if that’s the last thing you want to do. In 2018 if I don’t want to do something then I won’t and I’ll be honest about it, and if a friend family member does the same when we have something planned, then absolute respect to them. Look after yourselves babes, because it’s important that you do.
Brown faux fur jacket – Shein
Wide leg jeans – Topshop
Denim shirt – ASOS
Belt – Gucci
Bag – APC
Lets do the outfit deats first loves, this faux fur jacket from Shein is so warm and cosy, I love how it is kind of cropped, I usually go for a more oversized style for a faux fur jacket, but I loved how different this is. Plus it is mega affordable as always at only £22, which is insane for a coat. The black jeans are my staple wide leg cut off jeans from Topshop, along with this white ribbed long sleeve top, that is a go to in my wardrobe for layering now the weather is colder.
I think it is so important in life to look back on the year just passed and reminisce about the good times, the amazing moments you had and the great achievements you made, that should be remembered and celebrated. 2017 has actually been an insane year me, and my life has changed a lot, sometimes I find that we look back on the previous year and not much seems to have changed, for me this makes me feel quite uncomfortable, I like to be forever growing and developing, learning and experiencing new things.
There is so much that I can talk about in 2017, but here are some of my highlights and things I will never ever forget;
- January 2017 – starting to blog again, something I had intended to start doing years before but never really got the time, oh so I say 🙂
- March 2017 – Trip to Lucca Italy with my partners family and my now future family. By the way guys, Luca is one of the most beautiful places I have been to, I really would recommend it
- May 2017 – During a trip to Paris my boyfriend (now fiance) asked me to marry him, in a beautiful apartment we were staying in, on the Champs-Elysees, after a 3 course meal from a private chief. This was and will forever be the best night of my life. At 30 I was a little late finding the man of my dreams, but he’s here now and I can’t imagine my life without him.
- May 2017 – I bought my first Gucci (clearly a very important development)
- June 2017 – after 9 years in my previous job I moved to a new job at a new company, and it is one of the best moves I have ever made. I learn and develop my knowledge of digital marketing on a daily basis. Which I believe is such an important thing in any role, you must always be learning and developing, no matter how long you have been in the same job.
- July 2017 – My fiance and I booked our wedding venue, July 27th 2019 here we come!
- August 2017 – my fiance and I went on the holiday of lifetime where we spent 3 and a half weeks travelling across California & Nevada in America. We saw some absolutely amazing things, ate some amazing food, drove and amazing car and had quality time together that we will never ever forget
- December 2017 – I hit 5000 followers on Instagram, this is huge for me and I want to say thank you to everyone, because I flipping love you all!
So here’s to 2018 babes, let’s have the best year ever.
Faux fur coat – Shein
Wide leg jeans – Topshop
Black leather boots – Topshop
Long sleeve white ribbed top – ASOS
Hi loves, I wanted to share with you my absolute favourite faux fur coats from my babes at Shein, who for me really do offer the best pieces at such affordable prices. Also seriously, I am in faux fur heaven, I want them all!