Lets talk about this maxi coat of dreams from Shein, I am so into nudes at the minute and this coat is the perfect mix of pinky nude and beige nude, its also that very long maxi length that I really love, and this beaut is only £25!! I’ve been after a pair of white jeans for months now, and I’ve been unable to find any that I actually like, this pair from Mango are perfect and I love the raw hems on both the legs and waist, it also comes with a cute little tie belt. Also lets appreciate the little black heart, this my loves is the most perfect t-shirt I own, from Comme Des Garcon Play (which I have only just discovered is a Japanese brand) is my most favourite basic piece.
So in todays post I just wanted give you a few nuggets of info, many you guys can to get to know me a little more, so 4 things you probably don’t know about me; 1. I am a black belt at kickboxing – so I am not going to lie its a while since I have kick-boxed, however I’d love to get back into it, its such a great activity to really test you, and take you to that next level of fitness, the only problem is that I loved my old club so much that I really have struggled to find one that I love just as much. 2. In my ‘real’ job I am a digital project manager – I absolutely love my job and am so lucky and grateful to be able to do what I do, and work with such a great team and client. I am mega organised, I know I wouldn’t be able to manage my blog & work a full time job, so its great that my skills at work can be utilised in my personal life.
3. I have an English Literature degree – when I actually get the time to do it, reading is one of my absolute favourite past times, and to be able to study some of my favourite works in my degree was amazing. I actually wrote my dissertation on Charles Dickens and the hierarchy of money in three of his novels. 4. I get married next year – for my babes that follow me on Instagram this may not be so much of a surprise, however its something that I could not be more excited about, so many fun things to plan, the dress, the food! Then of course marrying the man of my dreams.
Nude maxi coat – Shein
White jeans – Mango – now in the sale!!
White t-shirt – Comme Des Garcon Play – Available at End Clothing
Bag – Kozha Numbers
Happy new year my loves, first of all I want to say thank you so much to each and everyone of my readers, you have no idea how much your time and attention on my blog means. In 2018 I intend to give my babes the best content I possibly can, and hope you all keep enjoying what I do. So to the worlds most perfect checked blazer from Shein what I love about this blazer is it is more coat less blazer (if you know what I mean) worn with a skinny rib jumper its really warm. As with all of my Shein pieces, it is mega good value for money too, at only £26.00!! Next, to the most perfect straight leg jeans from ASOS which are literally the perfect fit for me, I have quite large calves and usually struggle with non stretch jeans, but these guys don’t cut into my calves, plus they are the most perfect high waisted fit.
So what I want to talk to you guys about today, is how I’m constantly changing up my style, and actually how I think I have made me biggest style move so far. Recently I’ve been taking in so much style inspiration from Instagram, and so many other places and I am always so drawn to the minimalist, androgynous styles with a feminist touch, that are possibly a little more grown up.
So babes for the new year this is the sort of styles I am going to be wearing because I honestly do love them. So get ready for lots of oversized blazers, straight leg jeans, long maxi coats and the most perfect basics.
Checked blazer – Shein
Straight leg jeans – ASOS
White ribbed jumper – sold out – in black Topshop
Pointed black boots – Topshop
Black ring bag – Kozha Numbers
First of all my loves lets talk about this absolute beaut of a faux fur coat, I flipping love it! It’s honestly the softest thing I own, it also goes with everything, also babes its only £23, plus Shein have so many different versions if this one is not for you. Then some classic double denim, a style I always love to wear. The light coloured jeans from Topshop are some of my favourites at the minute, and this denim shirt from ASOS I have had for years, but I love it every time I wear it.
Saying no was actually something I used to be a lot worse at, I’d be the one saying yes to everything that was asked of me, even if I really didn’t want to do it, or worse than that it put me out financially!! Although I am a lot better that this, in 2018 I intend to only do what I want to do. Selfish you say? Well of course there is a limit to this, helping out others is of course important, and you should always do what you can to be there for your loved ones. But how many times have you been asked to go on a work outing or party, or to wedding of a family member you barely know, which is miles away and will therefore cost you a fortune?
Sometimes it’s ok to say no and to look after yourself. If you are knackered and just want to sit in front of the TV with a takeaway then do that, you don’t have to go out in your sky high heels and little dress if that’s the last thing you want to do. In 2018 if I don’t want to do something then I won’t and I’ll be honest about it, and if a friend family member does the same when we have something planned, then absolute respect to them. Look after yourselves babes, because it’s important that you do.
Brown faux fur jacket – Shein
Wide leg jeans – Topshop
Denim shirt – ASOS
Belt – Gucci
Bag – APC
Lets do the outfit deats first loves, this faux fur jacket from Shein is so warm and cosy, I love how it is kind of cropped, I usually go for a more oversized style for a faux fur jacket, but I loved how different this is. Plus it is mega affordable as always at only £22, which is insane for a coat. The black jeans are my staple wide leg cut off jeans from Topshop, along with this white ribbed long sleeve top, that is a go to in my wardrobe for layering now the weather is colder.
I think it is so important in life to look back on the year just passed and reminisce about the good times, the amazing moments you had and the great achievements you made, that should be remembered and celebrated. 2017 has actually been an insane year me, and my life has changed a lot, sometimes I find that we look back on the previous year and not much seems to have changed, for me this makes me feel quite uncomfortable, I like to be forever growing and developing, learning and experiencing new things.
There is so much that I can talk about in 2017, but here are some of my highlights and things I will never ever forget;
- January 2017 – starting to blog again, something I had intended to start doing years before but never really got the time, oh so I say 🙂
- March 2017 – Trip to Lucca Italy with my partners family and my now future family. By the way guys, Luca is one of the most beautiful places I have been to, I really would recommend it
- May 2017 – During a trip to Paris my boyfriend (now fiance) asked me to marry him, in a beautiful apartment we were staying in, on the Champs-Elysees, after a 3 course meal from a private chief. This was and will forever be the best night of my life. At 30 I was a little late finding the man of my dreams, but he’s here now and I can’t imagine my life without him.
- May 2017 – I bought my first Gucci (clearly a very important development)
- June 2017 – after 9 years in my previous job I moved to a new job at a new company, and it is one of the best moves I have ever made. I learn and develop my knowledge of digital marketing on a daily basis. Which I believe is such an important thing in any role, you must always be learning and developing, no matter how long you have been in the same job.
- July 2017 – My fiance and I booked our wedding venue, July 27th 2019 here we come!
- August 2017 – my fiance and I went on the holiday of lifetime where we spent 3 and a half weeks travelling across California & Nevada in America. We saw some absolutely amazing things, ate some amazing food, drove and amazing car and had quality time together that we will never ever forget
- December 2017 – I hit 5000 followers on Instagram, this is huge for me and I want to say thank you to everyone, because I flipping love you all!
So here’s to 2018 babes, let’s have the best year ever.
Faux fur coat – Shein
Wide leg jeans – Topshop
Black leather boots – Topshop
Long sleeve white ribbed top – ASOS
Firstly babes lets talk about outfits, so this checked coat from Shein is honestly so perfect, I have it in a size medium, and as with all items from Shein, it is always best to size up, I usually go for a medium, or even a large depending on the item. As I have mentioned before as Shein is a Chinese online store, the sizes are a lot smaller than standard UK sizes. I think what I love the most about this coat, is the red thread running through the checked pattern, and as always the quality is lovely, and for only £25! These skinny jeans from Weekday are a revelation, I spoke about them in my last post, click here to find out more. Then to the red Zara beret and the slip on Vans, which I will speak about next.
So I have 3 winter essentials that I will not be going headlong within winter without this year. 1. the beret, I am so so happy that we have a new winter hat style that is really being coveted this year, and I want it in every colour! I currently have a red and a grey, but I am also looking for a navy and a nude colour. 2. The checked coat, this £25 Shein version is so perfect for the coming colder months, especially with a really thick knit jumper underneath. I also have a maxi length version from ASOS which is amazing too, a checked coat dresses up any simple outfit.
3. The trainer, I have so many trainer styles that I am loving at the minute, my most recent purchases are these slip-on Vans & the Comme Des Garcon Converse (which are amazing by the way!). You also can’t beat a black pair of Van’s Old Skool, I know that lots of people are wearing them at the minute and they are not really unique, however they do go with most outfits. A good pair of trainers are perfect for the colder time of the year as they are great for slipper surfaces and also so warm. I hope you have enjoyed my 3 winter essentials, lots more essentials posts coming up.
Checked coat – Shein
White puff sleeve top – Topshop
Pale blue skinny jeans – Weekday
Slip on trainers – Vans
Red beret – Zara
Hi guys, I thought I needed to share with you some of my favourite pieces on Shein, before black Friday hits this coming Friday. Because be in no doubt that there will be some amazing deals to be had!
I am so obsessed with anything from Shein at the minute & this checked coat is no different, its such amazing quality and only £25!! Not many high street stores offer such high quality at such a low price, so I have been mega excited to show you guys this coat. There are also lots of different versions of this coat on Shein, which is great if you want to see different options of a specific style of coat, in one place. Also I am so into this 70’s trend we are seeing everywhere at the minute, and this pussy bow blouse from H&M is honestly so perfect, I love how it is so flattering due to the nipped in waist. Then to my staple lace-up black skinny jeans from Topshop & finished off with the cutest pink mules, also from Topshop.
Don’t get me wrong I still love going shopping, and not actually planning what I am going to buy, therefore coming away with something unexpected, and as a fashion blogger I think that is important. However to make sure that you do not make a shopping faux-par, and to ensure you actually wear and love every piece you buy, planning is an absolute must. If you guys read my blog regularly then you will know that I absolutely love a list, so what we are going to do is write a list! The first thing I do is go through my wardrobe and look at the pieces I love that may look shabby, maybe broken, or just really need replacing. Then I ask myself these questions, are they staple items in my closet? And will my wardrobe benefit from replenishing them? If so then they go on the list.
Then I look for any gaps in my wardrobe, do I have lots of bottoms but hardly any tops, or do I have no dresses and would love a few that I could just throw on when I feel I am lacking in creativity. Then I look at my lifestyle, do I need more items that work for the weekend & for my office job in the week, such as more blouses or tailored trousers, if so then they are added to the list. What I also like to do to make sure I really love the item, is find the item online, screen shot it and then add it to a folder, I then revisit these items in two weeks, if I still want them then, then I will buy them. I hope this helps when you go for your next shopping spree babes, because a bit of planning never hurt anyone.
Checked coat – Shein
Pussy bow blue blouse – H&M
Lace-up black skinny jeans – Newer & better version – Topshop
Pink backless mules – sold out – Similar version Topshop