I absolutely adore an oversized white shirt, especially when it has the added details of this Shein white linen shirt with these beaut big buttons at the front. I actually love an oversized shirt paired with some wide leg trousers, I think the look is so classic and chic. The oversized look is so perfect for every body shape too, also it never hurts to be able to hide the biggest of food babies!
The great thing about the white shirt is it can be so versatile, in terms of the material it is made out of, linen – perfect for summer, cotton – perfect for the oversized masculine look, or satin – which has such a luxury feel. I also love how the shapes and styles can also vary, and often designer brands have a style of white shirt that epitomise their designs, for example Jacquemus who create the most beautiful ruche shirts and shirt dresses.
Some of my other favourite white shirts as below;
So I am totally in love with a brand called I am Gia, they offer a really cool unique almost streetwear vibe, so obviously I’d love it all, the problem with this brand is it is on the pricing side and even more pricy as I live in the UK and the items are shipped over from Australia. However on my hunt to find some black cuffed trousers like the iconic version from I am Gia, I found this most perfect dupe black cuffed trousers from Shein, they even have the cutest chain that can be added on or taken off as you see fit (I chose to remove . it with this outfit). Plus these beauts are only £23!! I have really got into Dorothy Perkins recently (in fact I’m using wearing some kind of DP item in most of my Instagram pictures!!) and how cute is this blue bag and khaki jacket both from Dorothy Perkins. You know you are getting quality, affordable items from DP and I think thats what I love about it.
So as I have done in the past I guess I just wanted to let you guys know some more facts about me, to get to know me a little more;
1. I have quite a small family, only 1 uncle, no aunties and no cousins (lots of lovely second cousins but no first) this makes our little family so much closer, and of course I have gained a whole new family from my finances side, so it will only continue to get bigger.
2. I have the weirdest obsession with my hands and lips being dry (haha this is so weird!) I have to carry around hand cream and lip balm as this genuinely stresses me out!!
3. I have 18 blazers..yes that is 18, and I know thats a lot, but I have some from years ago that I just can’t get rid of because they are still amazing, I feel like blazers are such a good items to purchase as they are so timeless and can we worn with some many items, my new fave combo is with joggers & trainers.
4. At the weekend I went to visit a lamb that lives in my brother kitchen! My brother and parents live on a farm, and they are currently in lambing season, unfortunately one sheep won’t take to to her baby, plus she has very little milk. So my brother is feeding him at certain times of the day to build up his strength, he is called Boris and is ridiculously cute.
5. My favourite thing in the world to do is watch Netflix’s on sofa with my fiancee & my dog Ralph, with snacks and the duvet, don’t get me wrong I do other things other than this, but if I could choose to do one thing it would be this!
Firstly outfit details loves, not going to tell any fibs, I am completely and utterly in love with this checked midi skirt from Shein, I mean look at it!! The fit is perfect and its only £19.00! Just remember though babes the sizing is pretty small, I have this in a medium, and I am usually a size 10. You guys know that I love a beret, and I am so obsessed with this cream version from ASOS, I think I actually have 6 berets now, shhh don’t tell anyone!! Then to this white cream roll neck from Nasty Gal that I don’t think I have had off my body since I got it, if you didn’t think you need white ribbed roll neck, then I promise if you get one, you’ll know you did, lol! Finally the most perfect basket bag and white boots.
So I keep seeing a lot of posts about bloggers copying other bloggers and it causing lots of upset, this topic really does seem to be a topic of interest in the world of Instagram, and fashion blogging at the minute. Online I have seen bloggers not only copying exact outfits, but also down to the exact poses, locations and even captions. I mean don’t get me wrong this is fundamentally not right, as a blogger f you have spent your time and energy building up your style, brand and blog then this should not be copied so obviously as I have seen it done by some.
The thing is because of all of the stories in the media around blogging and copying, it can make you so fearful and honestly take the fun out of fashion blogging, worried that because you saw this shirt or trousers on someone else that you are copying! Blogging is supposed to be fun, nothing is truly unique or new anyway, so don’t beat yourself up for taking inspiration from other stylish gals. Surely this is part of what Instagram is here for? I love it when I get contacted by girls who tell me that are buying something because they saw me wearing it, surely for me (and the brands I represent) that is a job well done! Don’t take yourself too seriously, if you are a blogger or not, don’t let others scare you into worrying you are copying (unless you are the second paragraph of this blog post – then you probably are!). Do what you need to do, take inspiration and have fun!
Can you honestly beat a cropped jumper? I actually don’t think so, this type of jumper just seems to go with everything! This grey cropped jumper from Shein is so cute (oh and only £16.00!!) and I love it worn with the white wide leg trousers, which are a complete wardrobe staple going into spring. Oh and the tiny sunglasses trend, I thought I couldn’t be swayed, but I really am, I adore these tiny little sunglasses so much, so 90’s.
I am actually really excited to talk to you about this and actually it goes hand in hand with my last post my style rut and what I intend to do about it. At the start over every season I love to have a massive clear out, put away the mega wintery items and go back through my spring items, what do I still love and what will I wear again.
I spoke in my last post about how I am having a slight crisis in the fact that I have been eating too many creams eggs and am struggling to squeeze into some of my fav items, I will show you how to deal with that below.
So first of all I’m going to take ALL of my clothes (I know this is scary, and I by my means said this is a small task) and dump them into big piles of jeans, trousers, skirts, dresses, coats, jackets, shorts, t-shirts, summer tops, shirts & blouses, going out clothes. Then go for the biggest pile first (as clearly I have too many of these types of items) then separate into ‘still love and fits well’, ‘too tight but love’, ‘sell’, ‘throw away’, ‘out of season’, ‘not sure’. Just to note that while doing this the only pile that still needs to be separated out into the different types of clothing is the still love and fits well, the reason for this is when you have got to the end of this process, you will be able to see any items missing from your wardrobe. Everything else can be put into their separate piles together, so ‘too tight but love’ in one pile, ‘sell’ in another, ‘throw away’ in another, ‘out of season’ in another, ‘not sure’ in another.
The next thing to do is take your ‘too tight but love’ pile and hang it up in plain site, I want to be reminded everyday, that if I just resisted that chocolate bar I’d be wearing my fave white jeans again.
Next the ‘not sure’ pile, why are you not sure? It is past it’s best, if so throw it away, but if it is a previously loved and well-worn item then note it down you, as you will need to add this to the to buy list that we will create later. Is it uncomfortable when you wear it? Not because it’s too small, but because it’s always been that way? If so, sell it, have you never worn it because it doesn’t suit you and doesn’t go with anything in your wardrobe? Then sell it (you catch my drift).
Now to put your ‘out of season’ items in a box out of the way, so they are not cluttering up your wardrobe. Then put away your ‘sell’ clothes for another day and the ‘throw away’ clothes go off to the bin, now we can see the wood for the trees.
Finally we need to look at your ‘still love and fits’ well pile, you know the list you started earlier with the items that are passed their best that you need to replace, add to that list and and work out the holes in your current wardrobe, do you need more tops because you have lots of trousers and nothing to go with them? Do you need more basic items to tie your wardrobe together, white tees, thin layering jumpers, a good pair of black trousers, a white shirt? Stick to this list over the next couple of months and see if you wardrobe is way more flexible, you get loads more use out of items and you shop more wisely. Also having your slightly too small clothes on display will remind you that you don’t need to spend more money on new things, just be good and try to fit into your old beloved items!
So to recap, here’s what to do;
Happy organising babes.
Lets talk about the outfit first babes, flares, yes flares, thank god they are back in fashion because I adore them, these rust coloured beauts are actually part of a two piece set from my new love Nasty Gal, I love that they are ribbed, and are so flattering on. Then to the cropped trench, from Shein, I loveeeee this!! We are seeing the classic trench all over the high-street at the minute, however the style is much more deconstructed, with cropped versions, to waterfall versions, I love it!! Also from Shein this beaut polka dot wrap around top which may I say is only £10!!! I love anything polka dot at the minute.
I know I have written about this before, and man I’m back there, that deep dark hole that is the style rut. I’ve said before that I know why this happens, and it 100% comes down to how I am feeling about myself and more importantly my body.
The jeans I absolutely adored a couple of months ago, that are now too uncomfortable to wear for more than 30 minutes are certainly part of this problem. Also many of my style icons on Instagram are quite substantially thinner than me, and honestly I go to buy something that looks amazing on them and it upsets me when I look like a potato in the same item of clothing.
But finally I feel like I now know what to do when these feelings strike, for the first time ever. Which means I can tackle this head on! Below are my two ways of coping when I start to feel the rut coming on;
From this moment on, this is what I am going to do, and I promise that I will check in with you in a couple of months with my progress update.
First my loves lets introduce you to the most cute lace up top ever! This beaut is from Shein and as always is mega affordable, at only £15 (insane I know). Its such a flattering shape too, it really gives you that hour glasses figure. It is a shame babes that you can’t see these trousers properly in these pictures (bring back summer & good lighting), if you could, you’d know they were the most amazing plum coloured satin combats!! I mean come on satin…combats!!
So I wanted you guys to get to know me a little more, so I thought I’d do a blog post on 10 things you don’t know about me. I mean some of you have known me for years, so you will know these things, and they will probably make you laugh!
1. I have absolutely no sense of direction, to the point where can happily come out of a shop and walk for a good 10 minutes, before I realise I’ve gone in the wrong direction. I also use sat nav to get around everywhere, I mean everywhere. I also get lost in peoples houses a lot…
2. I am obsessed with chocolate, if you leave chocolate near me, I will eat it in 2 seconds, and no I won’t feel bad!!
3. I have a 15 year old sister, which may not seem anything crazy, but she is my full sister and there is 15 years between us. Plus she’s most perfect little thing you ever did see, and I love her to bits.
4. As you can see above I have a Yorkshire terrier dog called Ralph, and I let him lick me on my face, mouth, nose, meh I don’t even care, I literally love him that much!
5. I have a massive thing for crop tops, which is not weather appropriate in the UK at the minute at all. For a night out give me a pair of trousers and a crop top, over a little slinky dress any day.
6. I have the most perfect fiancee (they all say that) but honestly he is a dream, he shops with me for hours, takes all my pictures for my blog, puts up with me moaning about looking fat. He is an absolute gem and I am so lucky to be with him.
7. Both my fiancee and I work in digital, so we genuinely come home and have conversions about it, only a nightly basis….highly sad.
8. I have a lisp! Not a surprise if you have ever heard me talk, but its there and its prominent. I got very badly teased for it when I was at school, but now I realise like any bullying, that was their anxieties and weaknesses. My lisp is part of me, and I am a confident person so will always speak freely, and it never ever makes me feel self-conscious. If someone picks up on it to make fun of me (not a regular occurrence actually) I will make sure they know how childish that is, and that its only a bad reflection on them.
9. I wanted to work and make money since being a little girl, so I would make things out of sticks in the garden (like stick dolls, stick nests, the possibilities were endless), and sell them for real money to unsuspecting family members. Whether they wanted them or not, lol!
10. I am terrible at texting people back, like completely and utterly terrible, my lovely amazing friends have learnt to deal with it over the years. Its that whole I’ll do it later thing…sorry guys, you know I love you <3.