Clueless vibes you say? Hell yeah! I know we see the check/plaid vibe come around on a yearly basis, but this is a trend I will continue to love, year after year. I also love this staple black jumper from Romwe I adore the lantern sleeves, also as the jumper itself is not too oversized, it is very easy to tuck into a skirt or pair of jeans without looking too bulky. Also guys its a total bargain at only £22!!
Although I do not technically believe in ‘new year’s’ resolutions, as I think it is important to set goals and challenges through the year. However I do think the new year is the perfect new start to really think about what you want to achieve in the coming year. I am a serial goal setter, and I honestly think that I wouldn’t be where I am if I wasn’t.
So what are my goals for the new year;
- Put my health first – I am a such a yoyo dieter, and it really frustrates me that I am like this! A person of extremes, one minute I am extremely regimented and get really upset with myself if I do the smallest thing ‘wrong’ the next I am eating Mcdonalds 3 times a day. So in 2018 I want to establish a healthy and balanced lifestyle, not depriving myself of anything but making sure a am putting goodness into my body on a daily basis & exercising as much as I can, without going over the top.
- Save for our wedding – I am terrible with money and even worse at saving, but in 2018 I fully intend to save hard so we have the wedding of our dreams in 2019. Even if this means a slightly smaller wardrobe (only slightly) and no summer holiday (rubbish but necessary)
- Grow my blog/social following – after nearly a year of blogging again I have absolutely loved it, and worked with some wonderful people and brands along the way. In 2018 I want to redesign the blog and carry on doing what I’m doing now, with the same amount of passion and love.
- Look after my hair – ok so you might not think this is big enough to go on this list, but man my hair has been through some shiz in 2017, bleach, pink dyes etc, it needs a real break. Its dry and very very damaged, so back to brown and lots of hair masks and trims, and as little heat on it as I can manage, so that 2019 is a better hair year for me.
- Spend quality time with my fiance, family & friends – I am absolutely awful at getting very easily distracted, whether its by my phone or something I am thinking about. In 2018 when I am with my loved ones I want to be there with them, every second, not in my head or on my phone, thinking about my to do list. It’s so important to be in the moment as much as possible, and to really feel the joy of every moment.
- Grow professionally – outside of blogging I am a digital project manager, and I absolutely love my job. For me in my job I intend to learn and grow on a daily basis, whether that is with classroom training/courses, or whether that is learning from my highly skilled and experienced colleagues on a daily basis.
And that’s it really babes, take some time to write down your goals, because if nothing else it’s extremely cathartic, and I really do think it sets you on track for a positive year.
Black lantern sleeve jumper – Romwe
Checked mini skirt – Sold out in this colour, different colour – Topshop
Leather boots – Topshop
Bag – APC
I am so obsessed with anything knitwear from Romwe at the minute & this yellow dreamy jumper is no different. I love the oversized fit and as always a roll neck. I love pairing quite an oversized jumper with wide legged trousers, and these black ones from H&M are my absolute favourites. Then the classic white trainer, is there anymore perfect shoe for a capsule wardrobe? I think not!!
I have a 15 year old sister, and as soon as she was born she changed my life, because of the age difference between us, she has always been more like a surrogate daughter than a little sister. There is not much I wouldn’t do for that girl, to make sure she is happy in life. However there is one thing I can and will do. As a 30 year old I fully understand and embrace popular culture, social media, all of these things that are now so prominent in our lives. 10 years ago they were of course less entwined within our everyday life, but the themes are still same. So this is what I would tell my 20 year old self, my 15 year old sister and anyone else who wants to listen.
- Love yourself for being you – As young adults, man can you guys be hard on yourself! I was exactly the same at your age and with the rise of social media it’s so much harder for you guys to step away from the idealistic view of the world we are served on a daily basis. Imagine the amount of time we could put into our own self love, if only we used the time we take to beat ourselves up,and tell ourselves we are not good enough. There will always be someone prettier, more intelligent, richer, but you are you, kind, passionate, thoughtful, loving and there is only one of you. Spend time with your friends and family and people who bring you joy and make you feel wonderful everyday. And do not criticise the way you look or your body, look after yourself and love your differences as they make you, you. This image you see in the magazines, Instagram is not real, how can you even aspire to something that is fake? Clothes and beauty are fun but thats all they are, family, friends love are everything.
- Work hard – In your 20’s you have the world at your feet and your whole future ahead of you. Take this time to decide what you want to do and work hard to get there. Whether this is in business or an apprenticeship (which I genuinely think are the best things ever, by the way) or a more creative role. At 20 I fell into marketing, although I felt my role at the time wasn’t my calling I worked hard within the industry and am now in a role that I love, and I know is perfect for me.
- Look after yourself – At university, I never ate vegetables, barely ate fruit and very rarely exercised. As your bodies are young they can take this treatment, but you really will feel better if you look after yourself. We all get into ruts where we eat badly for a few weeks, and realise we have put nothing green into our bodies for a while. If you eat well your body will thank you for it and you’ll feel healthier, with more energy and positivity than you can imagine.
I hoped that helped my loves, and remember it takes time to become who you imagined you be, it took me 30 years, but the journey to get there will make you who you are.
Mustard knitted jumper – Romwe
Wide leg black trousers – Sold out – Similar- H&M
Platform white trainers – Adidas Stan Smith
Bag – APC
First of all my loves lets take the time to admire this cable knit jumper of dreams, this jumper from Romwe (one of my fav fast fashion retailers). This jumper is so affordable at only £18 and its honestly so warm. I haven’t taken it off since I got it and I and I am so happy with it. Next to the cutest eye let jeans from Pimkie via ASOS, not only are the the cutest jeans ever they were also on £14 in the sale! Bargain! Finally the boots I can’t take off my feet, these Topshop black ankle boots, I love how they come that little higher up your leg than the standard ankle boot.
So with a full time job and also as we move into winter and the light gets lower earlier, how do I have time to take all of my pictures? I post on Instagram 13 times a week, and most no more than 3 pictures of each outfit. Surely I don’t wear that many outfits during the weekend? I do not of course wear that many outfits in one weekend, that would be impossible!! So whats my secret? This is purely down to having a couple of hours at the weekend, a car and a very understanding fiancee!
So the night before fashion shoot day I choose around 6/7 outfits, that I know I want to shoot for the coming weeks. Then the morning of the shoot I wear one of the outfits and add the rest into the boot of the car. We then drive to somewhere that we know has multiple outfit shot opportunities, also where it is slightly quieter. 1, because it can be embarrassing taking photos with lots of people watching, 2, because the car will become my changing room & ain’t nobody get time for being caught with just your bra on, haha! Then it’s as simple as changing your outfits and getting multiple shots of each outfit! Simple! Although this is such an easy thing to do, it really has revolutionised how I blog, as I used to worry about getting in as many outfits in one weekend as I could, which is just too unrealistic, now its all done in one morning! I hope this helps you babes, and good luck with your fashion shoots.
Cable knit jumper – Romwe
Eye-let jeans – Pimkie Via ASOS
Black sock boots – Sold out – Blue Version Topshop
Black bag – APC
I’ve been looking for a longer jumper for a while now, to wear with leggings and fitted trousers, that you wouldn’t necessarily want to wear with a shorter jumper or top. This grey jumper from Romwe is just perfect, I love wearing a more over-sized silhouette on top with a fitted bottom half. The red puffer jacket as you’ll see below is soooo good & from the brand Missy Empire, which I am loving at the minute, the quality is so good and at such a bargain price. I am in love with these Adidas leggings, I’ve worn them so many times and they are so comfortable for when you just need a slob day!
So finding your personal style, this one is a very difficult one, and I still do not think I am personally there with this myself yet! However when I am struggling this is where I like to start, and I actually like to do this every season, as it clears the mind and sets you on the right track for the season ahead. Inspiration, inspiration, INSPIRATION! This really will help you decide how you want to dress, and what styles and combos you absolutely love. I then like to take this inspiration and look at what I already have in my wardrobe, what can I reinvent in a new way, what do I love & always makes me feel good. Then on the flip side what annoys me and makes me fell uncomfortable, any of the latter items then get rid!
Next to your lifestyle, we spend so much time at work that it really does make sense that you wardrobe takes this into account. I work in an office so it is important that I have lots of items that can we worn for both work and at the weekend, so lots of tailored wide leg trousers that I can wear with a shirt in the week, and a slogan t-shirt at the weekend. In my last job I used to walk quite far to work, so lots of cool trainers, and items that were comfortable to walk in. There is no point buying shoes with giant heels if you are on your feet all day. I’ve actually inspired myself (if thats even a thing!) to start afresh for the coming winter season and have a big clear out, out with the old, in with the new.
Oversized grey jumper – Romwe
Red puffer jacket – Missy Empire
Three stripe leggings – Adidas
Black brogues – Dr Martens
This red jumper from Romwe is exactly what I have been looking for. Its honestly so warm and I love the length of it, not too cropped, or too long, meaning you can tuck the front into a skirt/pair of high-waisted trousers (it’s also a mega bargain). I love how both this autumn and last autumn, we saw the rise of the patent fabrics, not quite leather, not quite plastic. I love this type of skirt look so amazing paired with a knit, it dresses it down and brings it all together. Finally, the maxi trench, seriously everybody needs a trench like this, it’s just so versatile and it goes with everything.
On the to the juicy bit!! I’d started feeling like I’d lost my sense of style a few weeks ago, this has come from putting on a bit of weight, the change of season & in a fashion sense I’ve just really felt a little lost. I’d seen so many amazing bloggers on Instagram wearing so many amazing styles that really just looked pants on me. So how have I got out of this rut? If I am honest I’m still getting out of it, but I’m feeling a lot better. Every couple of months, I find it very cathartic to just clear out my wardrobe and get rid of lots of things, that then enables me to see exactly what I have left in my wardrobe, and importantly what I still need.
I try to make sure that what I am left with I absolutely love, rather than just keeping the things that I kind of like. I’ve also been doing sooooo much Instagram research into lots of outfits and styles on other blogger that I love, and that I know I would feel good in. Of course, that meant a couple of mini shopping sprees, but sometimes you just need a good shop! As a woman (and even more so a blogger) it’s a rubbish feeling looking in your wardrobe & thinking I hate it all! Therefore this week I intend to clear out, find old favourite items and get inspired.
Red knitted jumper – Romwe
Zip up black patent skirt – Pretty Little Thing via ASOS
Black western style ankle boots – Topshop
Trench coat – Topshop
Black backpack – Kendall & Kylie