Right now I am so obsessed with nudes, whether that is in the form of a t-shirt/jumper or trousers, in fact if you guys follow me on Instagram you’ll see my perfect nude flared trousers from Mango. When I first saw this draped nude top from Romwe I loved it, and knew instantly that I wanted to pair it with a pair of trousers with a similar tone. It is also quite a dressy outfit, so I dressed everything down with pair good old Stan Smith trainers & a fluffy white jacket from Topshop.
So I just wanted to let you know how and where I get my weekly (often daily) dose of fashion inspiration. Of course there is no surprise that my absolute favourite place to find inspo is Instagram. I have go to accounts that I will check usually on a daily basis such as @deborarosa who really is my number one style icon, @pepamack giving me all of the minimalist inspo I need & @wethepeoplestyle who is never predictable in her style and I absolutely adore that.
I travel down to London on the train quite a bit for work, and I love to buy a Vogue magazine (and this is getting really old school now) and a pen and mark all of the bits in the magazine that really make me excited. What I love about this is it can be anything, hair styles, make-up, and when you really feel like you have no idea what to wear it’s great to revisit the magazines.
Nude wrap over blouse – Romwe
Nude wide leg trousers – in the sale – H&M
White trainers – Adidas Stan Smith
White shearling jacket – Topshop
Clueless vibes you say? Hell yeah! I know we see the check/plaid vibe come around on a yearly basis, but this is a trend I will continue to love, year after year. I also love this staple black jumper from Romwe I adore the lantern sleeves, also as the jumper itself is not too oversized, it is very easy to tuck into a skirt or pair of jeans without looking too bulky. Also guys its a total bargain at only £22!!
Although I do not technically believe in ‘new year’s’ resolutions, as I think it is important to set goals and challenges through the year. However I do think the new year is the perfect new start to really think about what you want to achieve in the coming year. I am a serial goal setter, and I honestly think that I wouldn’t be where I am if I wasn’t.
So what are my goals for the new year;
- Put my health first – I am a such a yoyo dieter, and it really frustrates me that I am like this! A person of extremes, one minute I am extremely regimented and get really upset with myself if I do the smallest thing ‘wrong’ the next I am eating Mcdonalds 3 times a day. So in 2018 I want to establish a healthy and balanced lifestyle, not depriving myself of anything but making sure a am putting goodness into my body on a daily basis & exercising as much as I can, without going over the top.
- Save for our wedding – I am terrible with money and even worse at saving, but in 2018 I fully intend to save hard so we have the wedding of our dreams in 2019. Even if this means a slightly smaller wardrobe (only slightly) and no summer holiday (rubbish but necessary)
- Grow my blog/social following – after nearly a year of blogging again I have absolutely loved it, and worked with some wonderful people and brands along the way. In 2018 I want to redesign the blog and carry on doing what I’m doing now, with the same amount of passion and love.
- Look after my hair – ok so you might not think this is big enough to go on this list, but man my hair has been through some shiz in 2017, bleach, pink dyes etc, it needs a real break. Its dry and very very damaged, so back to brown and lots of hair masks and trims, and as little heat on it as I can manage, so that 2019 is a better hair year for me.
- Spend quality time with my fiance, family & friends – I am absolutely awful at getting very easily distracted, whether its by my phone or something I am thinking about. In 2018 when I am with my loved ones I want to be there with them, every second, not in my head or on my phone, thinking about my to do list. It’s so important to be in the moment as much as possible, and to really feel the joy of every moment.
- Grow professionally – outside of blogging I am a digital project manager, and I absolutely love my job. For me in my job I intend to learn and grow on a daily basis, whether that is with classroom training/courses, or whether that is learning from my highly skilled and experienced colleagues on a daily basis.
And that’s it really babes, take some time to write down your goals, because if nothing else it’s extremely cathartic, and I really do think it sets you on track for a positive year.
Black lantern sleeve jumper – Romwe
Checked mini skirt – Sold out in this colour, different colour – Topshop
Leather boots – Topshop
Bag – APC
I am so obsessed with anything knitwear from Romwe at the minute & this yellow dreamy jumper is no different. I love the oversized fit and as always a roll neck. I love pairing quite an oversized jumper with wide legged trousers, and these black ones from H&M are my absolute favourites. Then the classic white trainer, is there anymore perfect shoe for a capsule wardrobe? I think not!!
I have a 15 year old sister, and as soon as she was born she changed my life, because of the age difference between us, she has always been more like a surrogate daughter than a little sister. There is not much I wouldn’t do for that girl, to make sure she is happy in life. However there is one thing I can and will do. As a 30 year old I fully understand and embrace popular culture, social media, all of these things that are now so prominent in our lives. 10 years ago they were of course less entwined within our everyday life, but the themes are still same. So this is what I would tell my 20 year old self, my 15 year old sister and anyone else who wants to listen.
- Love yourself for being you – As young adults, man can you guys be hard on yourself! I was exactly the same at your age and with the rise of social media it’s so much harder for you guys to step away from the idealistic view of the world we are served on a daily basis. Imagine the amount of time we could put into our own self love, if only we used the time we take to beat ourselves up,and tell ourselves we are not good enough. There will always be someone prettier, more intelligent, richer, but you are you, kind, passionate, thoughtful, loving and there is only one of you. Spend time with your friends and family and people who bring you joy and make you feel wonderful everyday. And do not criticise the way you look or your body, look after yourself and love your differences as they make you, you. This image you see in the magazines, Instagram is not real, how can you even aspire to something that is fake? Clothes and beauty are fun but thats all they are, family, friends love are everything.
- Work hard – In your 20’s you have the world at your feet and your whole future ahead of you. Take this time to decide what you want to do and work hard to get there. Whether this is in business or an apprenticeship (which I genuinely think are the best things ever, by the way) or a more creative role. At 20 I fell into marketing, although I felt my role at the time wasn’t my calling I worked hard within the industry and am now in a role that I love, and I know is perfect for me.
- Look after yourself – At university, I never ate vegetables, barely ate fruit and very rarely exercised. As your bodies are young they can take this treatment, but you really will feel better if you look after yourself. We all get into ruts where we eat badly for a few weeks, and realise we have put nothing green into our bodies for a while. If you eat well your body will thank you for it and you’ll feel healthier, with more energy and positivity than you can imagine.
I hoped that helped my loves, and remember it takes time to become who you imagined you be, it took me 30 years, but the journey to get there will make you who you are.
Mustard knitted jumper – Romwe
Wide leg black trousers – Sold out – Similar- H&M
Platform white trainers – Adidas Stan Smith
Bag – APC
First of all my loves lets talk about this absolute beaut of a faux fur coat, I flipping love it! It’s honestly the softest thing I own, it also goes with everything, also babes its only £23, plus Shein have so many different versions if this one is not for you. Then some classic double denim, a style I always love to wear. The light coloured jeans from Topshop are some of my favourites at the minute, and this denim shirt from ASOS I have had for years, but I love it every time I wear it.
Saying no was actually something I used to be a lot worse at, I’d be the one saying yes to everything that was asked of me, even if I really didn’t want to do it, or worse than that it put me out financially!! Although I am a lot better that this, in 2018 I intend to only do what I want to do. Selfish you say? Well of course there is a limit to this, helping out others is of course important, and you should always do what you can to be there for your loved ones. But how many times have you been asked to go on a work outing or party, or to wedding of a family member you barely know, which is miles away and will therefore cost you a fortune?
Sometimes it’s ok to say no and to look after yourself. If you are knackered and just want to sit in front of the TV with a takeaway then do that, you don’t have to go out in your sky high heels and little dress if that’s the last thing you want to do. In 2018 if I don’t want to do something then I won’t and I’ll be honest about it, and if a friend family member does the same when we have something planned, then absolute respect to them. Look after yourselves babes, because it’s important that you do.
Brown faux fur jacket – Shein
Wide leg jeans – Topshop
Denim shirt – ASOS
Belt – Gucci
Bag – APC
Lets do the outfit deats first loves, this faux fur jacket from Shein is so warm and cosy, I love how it is kind of cropped, I usually go for a more oversized style for a faux fur jacket, but I loved how different this is. Plus it is mega affordable as always at only £22, which is insane for a coat. The black jeans are my staple wide leg cut off jeans from Topshop, along with this white ribbed long sleeve top, that is a go to in my wardrobe for layering now the weather is colder.
I think it is so important in life to look back on the year just passed and reminisce about the good times, the amazing moments you had and the great achievements you made, that should be remembered and celebrated. 2017 has actually been an insane year me, and my life has changed a lot, sometimes I find that we look back on the previous year and not much seems to have changed, for me this makes me feel quite uncomfortable, I like to be forever growing and developing, learning and experiencing new things.
There is so much that I can talk about in 2017, but here are some of my highlights and things I will never ever forget;
- January 2017 – starting to blog again, something I had intended to start doing years before but never really got the time, oh so I say 🙂
- March 2017 – Trip to Lucca Italy with my partners family and my now future family. By the way guys, Luca is one of the most beautiful places I have been to, I really would recommend it
- May 2017 – During a trip to Paris my boyfriend (now fiance) asked me to marry him, in a beautiful apartment we were staying in, on the Champs-Elysees, after a 3 course meal from a private chief. This was and will forever be the best night of my life. At 30 I was a little late finding the man of my dreams, but he’s here now and I can’t imagine my life without him.
- May 2017 – I bought my first Gucci (clearly a very important development)
- June 2017 – after 9 years in my previous job I moved to a new job at a new company, and it is one of the best moves I have ever made. I learn and develop my knowledge of digital marketing on a daily basis. Which I believe is such an important thing in any role, you must always be learning and developing, no matter how long you have been in the same job.
- July 2017 – My fiance and I booked our wedding venue, July 27th 2019 here we come!
- August 2017 – my fiance and I went on the holiday of lifetime where we spent 3 and a half weeks travelling across California & Nevada in America. We saw some absolutely amazing things, ate some amazing food, drove and amazing car and had quality time together that we will never ever forget
- December 2017 – I hit 5000 followers on Instagram, this is huge for me and I want to say thank you to everyone, because I flipping love you all!
So here’s to 2018 babes, let’s have the best year ever.
Faux fur coat – Shein
Wide leg jeans – Topshop
Black leather boots – Topshop
Long sleeve white ribbed top – ASOS
I have been into Weekday for a while now, I am absolutely obsessed with the really staple items that they offer, along with some of the more surprising items, and honestly guys the quality is so amazing. Below are some of my absolute favourite items
The most perfect £25 hoody;
The perfect turtle neck sweater;
Faux fur coat of dreams;
The perfect jeans;
Dreamy silky blouse;
Outfit first my loves – can we just take a moment to appreciate these side stripe corduroy trousers from Romwe I don’t think I have seen anything else like them on the high-street at the minute. There is something about corduroy that makes it so much warmer than most other materials, which is great for all of the cold days we have coming up. These boots are such staples in my wardrobe, and I think I wear then more than any of my other shoes. It also surprises me just how comfortable they are as I don’t usually do well with stilettos. I have been looking for a navy blue maxi coat for a while now, and this one from H&M is exactly what I was after, plus its really great quality. I wanted a more oversized look so I actually sized up to a 12 and it is exactly the fit I was after.
I think when I starting blogging again for the second time (the first time was quite a few years ago, before even the days of Instagram – yes I am old!) I was very fearful about putting myself out there as a blogger, who is putting their self and their sense of style in front of the world, potentially to be criticised. I know as a blogger I am not at the level where I have exposure like some of the big players in the fashion blogging world. However there is still a level of expose, that you have putting yourself out there a brand on social media will give you.
All I have found during nearly a year of blogging again, is the absolute support for each other, both bloggers and girls who love fashion from all around the entire world. Who are usually all trying to do the same thing, and doing it because they love fashion so much, or girls who just want to let you know that they appreciate what you are doing on a daily basis. I haven’t had a negative comment yet, even on those days when you are really not feeling your best, your thighs or your butt look and feel too big, your hair is too frizzy and you are just not feeling your face, girls who you have never even met will leave the nicest of comments on your posts, and give you back that little bit of confidence. I too actively do the same to other bloggers/girls who love fashion on a daily basis, letting know know amazing they look or how well I think they have put an outfit together, because there is nothing better than love and support from our fellow women. Keep supporting each other babes because as women we are strong, and lets make social media a positive place for women :).
Corduroy side stripe trousers – Romwe
Black knitted roll neck – ASOS
Black Sock Boots – Topshop
Belt – Gucci
Navy long coat – H&M