Clueless vibes you say? Hell yeah! I know we see the check/plaid vibe come around on a yearly basis, but this is a trend I will continue to love, year after year. I also love this staple black jumper from Romwe I adore the lantern sleeves, also as the jumper itself is not too oversized, it is very easy to tuck into a skirt or pair of jeans without looking too bulky. Also guys its a total bargain at only £22!!
Although I do not technically believe in ‘new year’s’ resolutions, as I think it is important to set goals and challenges through the year. However I do think the new year is the perfect new start to really think about what you want to achieve in the coming year. I am a serial goal setter, and I honestly think that I wouldn’t be where I am if I wasn’t.
So what are my goals for the new year;
- Put my health first – I am a such a yoyo dieter, and it really frustrates me that I am like this! A person of extremes, one minute I am extremely regimented and get really upset with myself if I do the smallest thing ‘wrong’ the next I am eating Mcdonalds 3 times a day. So in 2018 I want to establish a healthy and balanced lifestyle, not depriving myself of anything but making sure a am putting goodness into my body on a daily basis & exercising as much as I can, without going over the top.
- Save for our wedding – I am terrible with money and even worse at saving, but in 2018 I fully intend to save hard so we have the wedding of our dreams in 2019. Even if this means a slightly smaller wardrobe (only slightly) and no summer holiday (rubbish but necessary)
- Grow my blog/social following – after nearly a year of blogging again I have absolutely loved it, and worked with some wonderful people and brands along the way. In 2018 I want to redesign the blog and carry on doing what I’m doing now, with the same amount of passion and love.
- Look after my hair – ok so you might not think this is big enough to go on this list, but man my hair has been through some shiz in 2017, bleach, pink dyes etc, it needs a real break. Its dry and very very damaged, so back to brown and lots of hair masks and trims, and as little heat on it as I can manage, so that 2019 is a better hair year for me.
- Spend quality time with my fiance, family & friends – I am absolutely awful at getting very easily distracted, whether its by my phone or something I am thinking about. In 2018 when I am with my loved ones I want to be there with them, every second, not in my head or on my phone, thinking about my to do list. It’s so important to be in the moment as much as possible, and to really feel the joy of every moment.
- Grow professionally – outside of blogging I am a digital project manager, and I absolutely love my job. For me in my job I intend to learn and grow on a daily basis, whether that is with classroom training/courses, or whether that is learning from my highly skilled and experienced colleagues on a daily basis.
And that’s it really babes, take some time to write down your goals, because if nothing else it’s extremely cathartic, and I really do think it sets you on track for a positive year.
Black lantern sleeve jumper – Romwe
Checked mini skirt – Sold out in this colour, different colour – Topshop