I absolutely adore an oversized white shirt, especially when it has the added details of this Shein white linen shirt with these beaut big buttons at the front. I actually love an oversized shirt paired with some wide leg trousers, I think the look is so classic and chic. The oversized look is so perfect for every body shape too, also it never hurts to be able to hide the biggest of food babies!
The great thing about the white shirt is it can be so versatile, in terms of the material it is made out of, linen – perfect for summer, cotton – perfect for the oversized masculine look, or satin – which has such a luxury feel. I also love how the shapes and styles can also vary, and often designer brands have a style of white shirt that epitomise their designs, for example Jacquemus who create the most beautiful ruche shirts and shirt dresses.
Some of my other favourite white shirts as below;
Ok, ok so maybe I am being a little dramatic about this, but however this outfit does lead me quite nicely into my fav summer trend of 2018. I am so into mustard and yellow this year, and I am so happy that lots of stores seem to be stocking items in this colour. Also this dress from Nasty Gal, I mean how beaut is it! I adore the button detailing at the front and also the split, I think these extra details make it so flattering too, drawing your eye to the centre of your body.
I love how this dress can worn by itself, without the need for any accessories, however I do love a good accessory. My Gucci belt is of course one of my fav accessories, and actually goes with any outfit. I know you guys may have read this before but just a little tip, I bought the smallest men’s belt and put extra couple of holes in, its makes it cheaper than the women’s version. Also can you believe my mum just produced this amazing straw bag from inside a cupboard, and gave it to me! I’ve never seen anything like it, its so unique.
So I am sure you guys have worked out my favourite trend of summer 2018 by now, its the humble but amazing maxi dress. It’s the first trend in ages that has actually made me shout out loud, whoop! Thanks goodness that there is a trend this summer that is crazy flattering on every body shape, is comfy and honestly looks so good on absolutely everyone! The old faithful maxi dress is back, yeahhhh! I love the look of a really beautiful flowing maxi dress on a bright summers day, and so happy that this trend is here to stay.
Bag vintage – similar – Mango
Hat – Sold out – similar – ASOS
Sandals – sold out – similar – New Look
Lets just talk about the most beaut comfy sandals ever, from Ipanema at Hervia these guys have just released the most amazing minimal range in collaboration with Philippe Starck, due to this they are so stylish. I hate to sound like my mum but they also wipe clean, being white this is so important. Also I think everyone needs a ruffle dress for summer, this one is unfortunately from Topshop last year, but I will link some other similar versions below. Also don’t get me started on my straw obsession, straw hats, straw bags, it really does say summer to me.
So I wanted to talk to you guys about why sometimes you may look in your wardrobe and not be able to find anything to wear, honestly you are not alone, this happens to me all of the time;
You don’t invest in basics that fit well
Honestly don’t get me started on this one, I have so many cheap white t-shirts that don’t fit properly or go out of shape so quickly. Soooo many jeans that are too tight, pinch me in weird places, are badly made and just not fit for purpose anyway you look at it! I think the amount of money I must have spent on rubbish items over the years, but so many of them, that I could have spent the same amount of money on an amazing items that would have lasted for years! I think the items that I need the most are white t-shirts, the perfect white oversized shirt (linen for the summer), the perfect black and navy trousers and of course jeans, pale ones, blue and black, they will all be going on my shopping list that’s for sure!!
You have too many clothes
It can be stupidly over whelming when you look into your wardrobe and just see a mass of clothes, unorganised and staring back at you, how would you be able to see what to wear? The good stuff in hidden underneath everything else! Only keep things that you absolutely adore and really do bring you joy, sell everything else or give it to charity.
Don’t know what goes together – Hang your clothes in outfits
This is something that I am despite to try, especially for my work outfits, because I cannot be bothered on a Monday morning to think crap, what shirt goes with these trousers etc. Also if you know a combination works well and you felt great in it then remember it for later. This task also helps you find holes in your wardrobe that you might not have spotted before, like you have tons of tops but nothing to go with them.
Thanks for reading
Straw hat – sold out – similar ASOS
Firstly outfit details loves, not going to tell any fibs, I am completely and utterly in love with this checked midi skirt from Shein, I mean look at it!! The fit is perfect and its only £19.00! Just remember though babes the sizing is pretty small, I have this in a medium, and I am usually a size 10. You guys know that I love a beret, and I am so obsessed with this cream version from ASOS, I think I actually have 6 berets now, shhh don’t tell anyone!! Then to this white cream roll neck from Nasty Gal that I don’t think I have had off my body since I got it, if you didn’t think you need white ribbed roll neck, then I promise if you get one, you’ll know you did, lol! Finally the most perfect basket bag and white boots.
So I keep seeing a lot of posts about bloggers copying other bloggers and it causing lots of upset, this topic really does seem to be a topic of interest in the world of Instagram, and fashion blogging at the minute. Online I have seen bloggers not only copying exact outfits, but also down to the exact poses, locations and even captions. I mean don’t get me wrong this is fundamentally not right, as a blogger f you have spent your time and energy building up your style, brand and blog then this should not be copied so obviously as I have seen it done by some.
The thing is because of all of the stories in the media around blogging and copying, it can make you so fearful and honestly take the fun out of fashion blogging, worried that because you saw this shirt or trousers on someone else that you are copying! Blogging is supposed to be fun, nothing is truly unique or new anyway, so don’t beat yourself up for taking inspiration from other stylish gals. Surely this is part of what Instagram is here for? I love it when I get contacted by girls who tell me that are buying something because they saw me wearing it, surely for me (and the brands I represent) that is a job well done! Don’t take yourself too seriously, if you are a blogger or not, don’t let others scare you into worrying you are copying (unless you are the second paragraph of this blog post – then you probably are!). Do what you need to do, take inspiration and have fun!
Lets talk about the outfit first babes, flares, yes flares, thank god they are back in fashion because I adore them, these rust coloured beauts are actually part of a two piece set from my new love Nasty Gal, I love that they are ribbed, and are so flattering on. Then to the cropped trench, from Shein, I loveeeee this!! We are seeing the classic trench all over the high-street at the minute, however the style is much more deconstructed, with cropped versions, to waterfall versions, I love it!! Also from Shein this beaut polka dot wrap around top which may I say is only £10!!! I love anything polka dot at the minute.
I know I have written about this before, and man I’m back there, that deep dark hole that is the style rut. I’ve said before that I know why this happens, and it 100% comes down to how I am feeling about myself and more importantly my body.
The jeans I absolutely adored a couple of months ago, that are now too uncomfortable to wear for more than 30 minutes are certainly part of this problem. Also many of my style icons on Instagram are quite substantially thinner than me, and honestly I go to buy something that looks amazing on them and it upsets me when I look like a potato in the same item of clothing.
But finally I feel like I now know what to do when these feelings strike, for the first time ever. Which means I can tackle this head on! Below are my two ways of coping when I start to feel the rut coming on;
From this moment on, this is what I am going to do, and I promise that I will check in with you in a couple of months with my progress update.
First my loves lets introduce you to the most cute lace up top ever! This beaut is from Shein and as always is mega affordable, at only £15 (insane I know). Its such a flattering shape too, it really gives you that hour glasses figure. It is a shame babes that you can’t see these trousers properly in these pictures (bring back summer & good lighting), if you could, you’d know they were the most amazing plum coloured satin combats!! I mean come on satin…combats!!
So I wanted you guys to get to know me a little more, so I thought I’d do a blog post on 10 things you don’t know about me. I mean some of you have known me for years, so you will know these things, and they will probably make you laugh!
1. I have absolutely no sense of direction, to the point where can happily come out of a shop and walk for a good 10 minutes, before I realise I’ve gone in the wrong direction. I also use sat nav to get around everywhere, I mean everywhere. I also get lost in peoples houses a lot…
2. I am obsessed with chocolate, if you leave chocolate near me, I will eat it in 2 seconds, and no I won’t feel bad!!
3. I have a 15 year old sister, which may not seem anything crazy, but she is my full sister and there is 15 years between us. Plus she’s most perfect little thing you ever did see, and I love her to bits.
4. As you can see above I have a Yorkshire terrier dog called Ralph, and I let him lick me on my face, mouth, nose, meh I don’t even care, I literally love him that much!
5. I have a massive thing for crop tops, which is not weather appropriate in the UK at the minute at all. For a night out give me a pair of trousers and a crop top, over a little slinky dress any day.
6. I have the most perfect fiancee (they all say that) but honestly he is a dream, he shops with me for hours, takes all my pictures for my blog, puts up with me moaning about looking fat. He is an absolute gem and I am so lucky to be with him.
7. Both my fiancee and I work in digital, so we genuinely come home and have conversions about it, only a nightly basis….highly sad.
8. I have a lisp! Not a surprise if you have ever heard me talk, but its there and its prominent. I got very badly teased for it when I was at school, but now I realise like any bullying, that was their anxieties and weaknesses. My lisp is part of me, and I am a confident person so will always speak freely, and it never ever makes me feel self-conscious. If someone picks up on it to make fun of me (not a regular occurrence actually) I will make sure they know how childish that is, and that its only a bad reflection on them.
9. I wanted to work and make money since being a little girl, so I would make things out of sticks in the garden (like stick dolls, stick nests, the possibilities were endless), and sell them for real money to unsuspecting family members. Whether they wanted them or not, lol!
10. I am terrible at texting people back, like completely and utterly terrible, my lovely amazing friends have learnt to deal with it over the years. Its that whole I’ll do it later thing…sorry guys, you know I love you <3.