Ok so I know I am mad wearing all white, especially being the most clumsy person in the world (I managed to spill half a can of coke down my sleeve the other day, down my sleeve!!!) but I just love this combo so much & I think it’s so chic for winter. This white jumper from Romwe is so comfy and warm, it’s a really thick knit, which is so perfect for the cold winter we are having in the UK. And these white trousers from All Black Everything, which are honestly the most comfy flattering white trousers ever. I just want to share a secret with you babes, I always size up when it comes to coats. This coat from ASOS is a size 12 and a tall because I love the longer length and long sleeves.
So babes I just wanted to talk to you guys about some items that for my body shape I just wouldn’t wear. That’s not to say that for you they wouldn’t look amazing. Must first items is white skinny jeans, they honestly look so bad on me, I love a pair of thick mom style or wide leg jeans, but skinny jeans in white are a no no for me, I always find that these stye of jeans are always pretty see through too. Short body-con skirts, I have larger legs and calves and for me a short body-co skirt is really not flattering on my legs and makes them look so much bigger.
Smock dresses, now I have dabbled in smock dresses before and sometimes it works, sometimes it really doesn’t. As I am an hourglasses shape it is way more flattering for me to wear something that really nips me in at the waist, instead of hangs over my body. Shoes with ankle straps, again this is something I very occasionally wear, and usually I do regret it when I do it, but as my legs are on the bigger side, and ankle straps are known to shorten the look of your legs.
White knitted jumper – Romwe
White trousers – All Black Everything
Cream maxi coat – ASOS
Black trainers – Vans
Clueless vibes you say? Hell yeah! I know we see the check/plaid vibe come around on a yearly basis, but this is a trend I will continue to love, year after year. I also love this staple black jumper from Romwe I adore the lantern sleeves, also as the jumper itself is not too oversized, it is very easy to tuck into a skirt or pair of jeans without looking too bulky. Also guys its a total bargain at only £22!!
Although I do not technically believe in ‘new year’s’ resolutions, as I think it is important to set goals and challenges through the year. However I do think the new year is the perfect new start to really think about what you want to achieve in the coming year. I am a serial goal setter, and I honestly think that I wouldn’t be where I am if I wasn’t.
So what are my goals for the new year;
- Put my health first – I am a such a yoyo dieter, and it really frustrates me that I am like this! A person of extremes, one minute I am extremely regimented and get really upset with myself if I do the smallest thing ‘wrong’ the next I am eating Mcdonalds 3 times a day. So in 2018 I want to establish a healthy and balanced lifestyle, not depriving myself of anything but making sure a am putting goodness into my body on a daily basis & exercising as much as I can, without going over the top.
- Save for our wedding – I am terrible with money and even worse at saving, but in 2018 I fully intend to save hard so we have the wedding of our dreams in 2019. Even if this means a slightly smaller wardrobe (only slightly) and no summer holiday (rubbish but necessary)
- Grow my blog/social following – after nearly a year of blogging again I have absolutely loved it, and worked with some wonderful people and brands along the way. In 2018 I want to redesign the blog and carry on doing what I’m doing now, with the same amount of passion and love.
- Look after my hair – ok so you might not think this is big enough to go on this list, but man my hair has been through some shiz in 2017, bleach, pink dyes etc, it needs a real break. Its dry and very very damaged, so back to brown and lots of hair masks and trims, and as little heat on it as I can manage, so that 2019 is a better hair year for me.
- Spend quality time with my fiance, family & friends – I am absolutely awful at getting very easily distracted, whether its by my phone or something I am thinking about. In 2018 when I am with my loved ones I want to be there with them, every second, not in my head or on my phone, thinking about my to do list. It’s so important to be in the moment as much as possible, and to really feel the joy of every moment.
- Grow professionally – outside of blogging I am a digital project manager, and I absolutely love my job. For me in my job I intend to learn and grow on a daily basis, whether that is with classroom training/courses, or whether that is learning from my highly skilled and experienced colleagues on a daily basis.
And that’s it really babes, take some time to write down your goals, because if nothing else it’s extremely cathartic, and I really do think it sets you on track for a positive year.
Black lantern sleeve jumper – Romwe
Checked mini skirt – Sold out in this colour, different colour – Topshop
Leather boots – Topshop
Bag – APC