I think what I love about the knitwear trend we are seeing this season is that it isn’t just jumpers or cardigans, its anything from amazing dresses to metallic mesh going out tops. Knitwear is such a versatile addition to anybody’s wardrobe, and thats really why I love it so much. Femme Luxe Finery is genuinely my go to when it comes to all things knitwear, I adore a cropped jumper over a midi dress, or in the case of the above picture a midi shirt dress. This Ivy khaki cable knit cropped jumper is the perfect length for layering, which is going to be something I am doing constantly in the colder months.
So on to the more fancy of the knitted trend and my absolute fave these Inaaya metallic knit gold trousers, I mean if you want to dress up an outfit then these are surely your go to. I decided to style these trousers for the day, for a more casual look, with some brown ankle boots & an oversized t-shirt. I love how they can work for both day and night, and would look absolutely amazing with a crop top and barely there heels too.
Knitwear for a night out? Absolutely yes please, this metallic knit rose gold tie wrap midi dress looks amazing done up like this over a slip dress, or even worn open over a white tee and vintage mom jeans. The metallic trend is so huge for autumn/winter this season, and I really think that knitwear is the way to do it, if you are really scared of wearing full on silver or gold. Give me knitwear any day and I will be happy!
All knitwear from Femme Luxe Finery
Cropped khaki jumper – Femme Luxe Finery
Gold knit flared trousers – Femme Luxe Finery
Rose gold knitted wrap dress – Femme Luxe Finery
Hi babes, so I recently had the opportunity to work with So Shape which offer a diet plan (you guys can get 10% off both the 14 day and 28 day plan with my discount code Grace10), which consists of replacing both your breakfast and your evening meal with a So Shape smart meal. I tired the 28 day plan and got so many many amazing flavours sent through the post, from white chocolate and cookies shakes, to mushroom risotto and pesto pasta, the variety of flavours that are on offer is actually insane, and so important if you are not going to get bored during the plan. What I absolutely love about this plan is there is no calorie counting what so ever, which honestly is a breath of fresh air for me. Also due to the set morning and evening meals, it really does mean that you have a clear plan of how your diet is going to look, and what you are going to eat on a daily basis.
But first lets talk about the shakes, I have tried so many diet/protein shakes in my time, and honestly these are the best tasting shakes I have ever had, and I 100% woke up everyday looking forward to my morning shake. So to what you are really here for…my results! So what I want to tell you guys first is that I was most definitely less bloated, and that in itself was such a nice feeling. The area I did struggle in was the meals at night, I was finding that I’d come home a night so hungry that the smart meal was often not quite enough. The good thing is So Shape gave you a list of guilt free foods that you can eat if you are feeling peckish, so there always options there if you are struggling.
As with any diet 100% commitment is always needed, and in terms of my performance over the last 28 days I could certainly have done better. I could give you all of the excuses in the world, but any diet is down to how much you commit to it, and how motivated you are. So Shape really do give you all the tools you need to succeed, you just have to want to succeed enough not to pick up that McDonalds for the second time in two days (I didn’t do that badly I promise). My battle with healthy eating and weight less I am sure will be a long one, and it always seem to come last in my list of priorities, but with the kick start I have had from So Shape, I intend it no longer be last on the ‘to do’ list.
For 10% off the 14 and 28 day plans use my cost ‘Grace10’
Diet plan – So Shape
Pink jumper- sold out – similar H&M
Raw hem wide leg jeans – Topshop
Trainers – Fila Disruptors
Ok so I know I am mad wearing all white, especially being the most clumsy person in the world (I managed to spill half a can of coke down my sleeve the other day, down my sleeve!!!) but I just love this combo so much & I think it’s so chic for winter. This white jumper from Romwe is so comfy and warm, it’s a really thick knit, which is so perfect for the cold winter we are having in the UK. And these white trousers from All Black Everything, which are honestly the most comfy flattering white trousers ever. I just want to share a secret with you babes, I always size up when it comes to coats. This coat from ASOS is a size 12 and a tall because I love the longer length and long sleeves.
So babes I just wanted to talk to you guys about some items that for my body shape I just wouldn’t wear. That’s not to say that for you they wouldn’t look amazing. Must first items is white skinny jeans, they honestly look so bad on me, I love a pair of thick mom style or wide leg jeans, but skinny jeans in white are a no no for me, I always find that these stye of jeans are always pretty see through too. Short body-con skirts, I have larger legs and calves and for me a short body-co skirt is really not flattering on my legs and makes them look so much bigger.
Smock dresses, now I have dabbled in smock dresses before and sometimes it works, sometimes it really doesn’t. As I am an hourglasses shape it is way more flattering for me to wear something that really nips me in at the waist, instead of hangs over my body. Shoes with ankle straps, again this is something I very occasionally wear, and usually I do regret it when I do it, but as my legs are on the bigger side, and ankle straps are known to shorten the look of your legs.
White knitted jumper – Romwe
White trousers – All Black Everything
Cream maxi coat – ASOS
Black trainers – Vans
Clueless vibes you say? Hell yeah! I know we see the check/plaid vibe come around on a yearly basis, but this is a trend I will continue to love, year after year. I also love this staple black jumper from Romwe I adore the lantern sleeves, also as the jumper itself is not too oversized, it is very easy to tuck into a skirt or pair of jeans without looking too bulky. Also guys its a total bargain at only £22!!
Although I do not technically believe in ‘new year’s’ resolutions, as I think it is important to set goals and challenges through the year. However I do think the new year is the perfect new start to really think about what you want to achieve in the coming year. I am a serial goal setter, and I honestly think that I wouldn’t be where I am if I wasn’t.
So what are my goals for the new year;
- Put my health first – I am a such a yoyo dieter, and it really frustrates me that I am like this! A person of extremes, one minute I am extremely regimented and get really upset with myself if I do the smallest thing ‘wrong’ the next I am eating Mcdonalds 3 times a day. So in 2018 I want to establish a healthy and balanced lifestyle, not depriving myself of anything but making sure a am putting goodness into my body on a daily basis & exercising as much as I can, without going over the top.
- Save for our wedding – I am terrible with money and even worse at saving, but in 2018 I fully intend to save hard so we have the wedding of our dreams in 2019. Even if this means a slightly smaller wardrobe (only slightly) and no summer holiday (rubbish but necessary)
- Grow my blog/social following – after nearly a year of blogging again I have absolutely loved it, and worked with some wonderful people and brands along the way. In 2018 I want to redesign the blog and carry on doing what I’m doing now, with the same amount of passion and love.
- Look after my hair – ok so you might not think this is big enough to go on this list, but man my hair has been through some shiz in 2017, bleach, pink dyes etc, it needs a real break. Its dry and very very damaged, so back to brown and lots of hair masks and trims, and as little heat on it as I can manage, so that 2019 is a better hair year for me.
- Spend quality time with my fiance, family & friends – I am absolutely awful at getting very easily distracted, whether its by my phone or something I am thinking about. In 2018 when I am with my loved ones I want to be there with them, every second, not in my head or on my phone, thinking about my to do list. It’s so important to be in the moment as much as possible, and to really feel the joy of every moment.
- Grow professionally – outside of blogging I am a digital project manager, and I absolutely love my job. For me in my job I intend to learn and grow on a daily basis, whether that is with classroom training/courses, or whether that is learning from my highly skilled and experienced colleagues on a daily basis.
And that’s it really babes, take some time to write down your goals, because if nothing else it’s extremely cathartic, and I really do think it sets you on track for a positive year.
Black lantern sleeve jumper – Romwe
Checked mini skirt – Sold out in this colour, different colour – Topshop
Leather boots – Topshop
Bag – APC